View Single Post
Old 28-07-2005, 12:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 21821 / Power: 29
Big Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond reputeBig Sexy has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

How can a wife make a claim for maintenance?

A maintenance application during the marriage may be filed by making a Magistrate's Complaint under Part VIII of the Women's Charter. For more information on the procedure for making a Magistrate's Complaint, .

If divorce proceedings have been filed by either party, the wife may still file a Magistrate's Complaint for maintenance if she requires maintenance pending the hearing of the divorce case. The court can make a maintenance order as long as the divorce has not been granted. Alternatively and preferably, the wife can file a Summons-in-Chambers to ask for "interim maintenance" (that is, maintenance pending the final hearing of the matters) from the husband and at the same time, she should apply for maintenance in her divorce petition. The court will deal with this issue as an ancillary matter.

Sex health related questions click here.
WOMEN'S CHARTER click here
Sg law on sex related matters click here