View Single Post
Old 04-12-2022, 11:30 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2596 / Power: 11
destinedt has a reputation beyond reputedestinedt has a reputation beyond reputedestinedt has a reputation beyond reputedestinedt has a reputation beyond reputedestinedt has a reputation beyond reputedestinedt has a reputation beyond reputedestinedt has a reputation beyond reputedestinedt has a reputation beyond reputedestinedt has a reputation beyond reputedestinedt has a reputation beyond reputedestinedt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nakhon Ratchasima - Korat

Just got back from another trip in November 2022... visited more bars this time around in Korat... here're some FR:

Karaoke Joints:

Memory Bar & Karaoke:

Quite a small place. PR girls were very friendly and welcoming... Karaoke room was small and a little run down, but afaik there are no posh karaoke rooms in Korat... damage for the night of fun with 3 girls was under 5000 baht.

Brought one of them back to hotel for 2,000 Baht. If i recall correctly her name was Nan or something

Baan Kuer The Living:

This place... is a bit dangerous if you are driving because a lot of road block in the area. But for chiongsters who like the younger ones around 20, this place should be right up your alley. For me, 20yo a bit too young and a lot of hard work to woo them back to your hotel. Must usually go like 3-4 times build some rapport then can dabao

There's Karaoke here as well for those who like to sing and dance in the comfort of a private VIP room. Feels more like a house to me, but ok la, its cheap... (like Teo Heng KTV)

Girls here are quite pretty, although i suspect most of them have boyfriends or FWBs etc already.

didn't bring anyone back with me that night. Girl with me said she has her period which to me is just an excuse la.

Clubs:

This trip i spent more time in Korat, so i decided to venture around like a local and boy did i come up with some gems to share

Pee 2: University Kids... If any of you chiongsters wanna go sponsor school fees, can come here and find a sugar baby hahaha. Closes at 3am. English Hip-Hop music... Pls check ID before doing anything... and don't leave your drinks unattended (Yes even as a guy)...

Airline: Right beside Tawandang, super thai disco feel but without the girls. Slightly older crowd around 20s. Maybe i old already, but i come here a while only my head pain. Not my scene anymore...

Bars:

Regular chill bars, pre-club drinks, maybe meet a friend who will bring you partying, bars in thailand are always full of opportunities.

SAY Bar, Hop Bar and Beat Bar are all in the same stretch of road. first 2 are pretty chill, drink with friends or meet new friends kind of place. Last one is like, with loud music and super crowded.

If you were to go around Central Mall in Korat, all the bars there are packed with university kids... i cant remember the names of any of the bars i went to there, but a lot of eye candy...

Feel free to give me an ups if this post helped!

Tips and Tricks when travelling around thailand:

If there's a live band at the place you're going, request a song and Tip them generously (like 100 baht per pax). Most people, locals included, often disregard the live band but you'll be surprised how much information and help you can get from them.

Tip your servers as well from time to time. (my gauge is about 20 baht every 30mins) you'll be surprised how much better service you get... Also, they will surely remember you the next time you come visit. Often times, the servers will deliver free alcohol to me from the tables whose customers have left... Trust me, that few dollars goes a damn long way.

If someone at the table beside you starts staring at you unfriendly for whatever reason, Just smile, hold your glass high and cheers. Gets them every time... One time i met the boss of the Bar i was at that way (In Ratchaburi, true story)... Ended up with my bill being waived off entirely (4 bottles of beer) and we partied with the staff after-hours till the sun almost up.

Ask when in doubt. Don't need to be shy about asking for anything. As a foreigner/tourist you can get away with just about anything by pretending not to know. Want to know if the place offers special service? just ask. Want to know where to go for this or that, just ask... Honestly, this is how i find most of the hidden spots that only locals know of...