View Single Post
Old 03-10-2016, 04:58 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 3191 / Power: 14
Happyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond reputeHappyman007 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re-location advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by smile_santa View Post
Ya I figured many people have posed this question before. Currently I'm not married but will want to eventually settle down with a puying. Not really keen on kids but I'm sure my Wife to be would like one.

I have given Cnx a thought too as I really loved the place. But ya as you said only when I'm older would I hanker for such a lifestyle. Definitely in consideration tho.
ok single is easy, just move over to Bangkok with a job and stay for some time to know if is really for you. Not party too hard like you're tourist but try save more money to invest in a condo to stay and future retirement plan, meantime try buying a HDB (if you're able to buy it) and rent it out for extra income

Generally a 40-50k baht salary is enough for single man to live but of course if you can get a higher salary is better. FYI local thai only live on 15-20k baht salary ib Bangkok and around 10-15k baht in Chiangmai....yet they still have some money for drinks and kopi 555.

As for me in CM, spending around 70-80k monthly with 2 kids schooling, household expenses, electric, water, internet, 1 maid, 2 cars (house and car fully paid so no instalment and no rental cost), etc.....few times a month restaurant food and sometime drinks with kakis.