Old 26-06-2010, 03:34 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 51 / Power: 17
WildatHeart deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

just finished my mediation court session recently..
a) after all the adminstrative and my lawyer briefly talk to me.. both me and her (not the lawyers) went in see the judge
b) obviously both side lawyers already had submitted some documents as the judge knows what each of us is asking for and our constraints..
c) the judge make certain her claim is rightly put across by her lawyer.. and throughout session ask from her many confirmation.. because she is asking for one lump sum of 100K (= 800 per month for kid) which obviously i will not have and monthly of 500 for her
d) I was asked to leave the room and left the judge to talk to her..
after that both side lawyer starts nego process without our presence..
e) at one stage I was fed up and tell my lawyer.. i will do the nego myself.. my lawyer say she will try her best first before i talk to her or her lawyer..
f) my lawyer keeps on asking me to increase my monthly payment from 400 to 800 but i insist NO. (because i am prepared to give the house to her wo cpf refund to me and kid) and i have to consider my rental after that and i dont have much cash..
g) at last, my lawyer "give up" then i start to talk to her lawyer in her presence and of course the presence of my lawyer
h) it seems to be a deadlock until i eventually say.. ok.. i will pay off the house then transfer to her and i will up my monthly to 500 (for kid only, nothing to her).

sigh.... the end is near.. (suddenly "MY WAY" rings in my mind) and i have to wait for "AJ" then "FJ" something like that.. and estimate whole proceeding over by Oct/E.

I started from Jan'10, that make teh whole proceeding bout 10 months.. i spend 2.5K for "package" but additional court session will have to be paid.. for this mediation session i have to pay additional 750.

I am documenting above as additional reference to enhance the completeness of info within this thread with a real example..