Thread: Wife allowance
View Single Post
Old 15-12-2020, 02:16 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1058 / Power: 13
iluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud ofiluvbreast has much to be proud of
Re: Wife allowance

Quote:
Originally Posted by larue View Post
Very true, like taxi or grab drivers , more fares are almost always better than one long fare. Can’t up you enough for sharing your experience and busting myths regarding divorce here that people like to spread on the internet without verification.
Looking back bro larue, I can only say I was lucky that my relative practices law, so I was able to grasp some workings of this profession and it gave me some confidence to fight it out.

When I discussed my ex-wife's demand list (via her lawyer) with my lawyer; I was damn scared, imagine after fighting you lost (then have to give your ex-wife her demands) and still have to pay your lawyer.

I asked my lawyer a stupid question, is it really I have to pay all these (ex-wife's demands) under woman's charter. My lawyer laughed and said: "Well, Mr. XXX if you are that generous then I will just get my clerk to draft out the agreement for you to sign and charge you $3,000 since you are so-and-so's relative. Based on what you told me, I think your chances are good and we should be able to have some saving if we fight". I never look back.

Divorces are expensive (my lawyer also said so) especially if we fight. It was a period when I don't have much cash; all my credit cards were maxed out then and I could only do minimal repayment every month. I took on a part-time job so when I need to pay the lawyer (at the various stages of the divorce), I could do so.

After going through all these (and looking back) I don't regret. Although I spent quite a bit of money, it is only once in my life (hopefully), if you divide the money spent by the number of years you live, it probably amounts to nothing.

I visited this forum before my divorce to get some info; most (if not all) are naysayers and you don't even know if those posted actually went through a divorce for that matter. It is like reading fake FRs or some dumb posts that some clowns put up to boast how powerful they can fuck. It simply just pisses me off.

Sorry for the long rant, it is raining here in the office since 12pm and I cannot go to the canteen...sigh