Thread: Fun In Paris
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1959 / Power: 16
lost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant futurelost99 has a brilliant future
Re: Paris experience and warning

Quote:
Originally Posted by waikeekee View Post

When in SZ (although I am talking about little money - they want to rip you off) I wanted to take a ride on those cyclist taxi (1 cyclist and 1 pinion rider) In Luo Hu area, it will cost around RMB5.00 from Point A to Point B. If the cyclist sense you are new, they will quote you from RMB10 to RMB20 for the ride. So just be careful.

Then there is the Cab Drivers who are crooks, when you pay them in 100 RMB bill, they will take it, hold it and return it to you citing they do not have enough change for your money. In actual fact, they have changed your money for a counterfeit. I was in DG 2 days ago, and my friend showed me he has 2 counterfeit RMB100 notes. Those HD90xxxxxx numbers. Both notes have the same serial number. SO, a word of advise - NEVER let your eyes off your cash or another trick is to take note of your money's serial number before paying vendors.
Be Careful of Bike Rental places and Taxi rides in China!

Some bike rental places will ask for small 100/200 RMB deposit, and pay deposit back in fake bills if they sense you are foreigner.

Cab from GZ airport took my 100 bill, and returned a fake one back to me saying its damaged. Since I was new did not know fake, and ended up with a couple of fake notes and an expensive cab ride!