View Single Post
Old 30-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 2693 / Power: 16
SEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond reputeSEAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Newbies HELPLINE.. Newbies Please post your question here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post
yea mate..just live with it..
as for clones, there is no way to stop them.. it is a problem for most forum...most members here are on dynamic ip address and if sam ban that particular ip, i reckon 30-50% or maybe more users here will be affected.
Thank you for replying/tolerating these questions/suggestions of mine which are totally out of the sphere of my remit. Thank you.

Some forums I know go ahead and announce a period of moratorium for members to come clean and declare their clones - following which the Mods would just ban those who did not declare and continue to use clones.

In SBF's case such a moratorium could also be announced and SBF could then impose some kind of annual "clone usage" charge - and perhaps doubling or even tripling etc such charge if the guy did NOT declare it/Boss needed to discover it.

As rampant as these clones seems to be on here, I'd think that this would be a nice little earner for Boss - no? And meanwhile allow him to take back FULL control of his board.

Just a thought too.

SEAJ

Last edited by SEAJ; 30-10-2012 at 04:42 PM.