Thread: Copa América
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1222 / Power: 20
joew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud ofjoew2005 has much to be proud of
Re: Copa América

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...return?cc=4716

Ronaldinho ready for Brazil return
August 6, 2011

Flamengo playmaker Ronaldinho has outlined his desire 2 become a permanent fixture of the Brazil squad again, insisting he k "make a + contribution 2 the national team".

Ronaldinho, 31, was omitted fr former coach Dunga's 2010 WC squad aft a season in which he failed 2 demonstrate his form & fitness on a regular basis with AC Milan.

But the 2-time World Player of the Year was given hope of reigniting his international career by current Selecao boss Mano Menezes, when he was selected 4 a friendly against Argentina last November & despite not featuring since, Ronaldinho believes he still has plenty 2 offer @ the highest level.

"My objective is 2 do my best with Flamengo & if the coach needs me I will be ready," Ronaldinho said. "It's the moment I've been dreaming of (2 return 2 the Brazil squad). Physically, I'm in top form.

"Fr now until the WC alot of things k happen, but I believe I k make a + contribution 2 the national team."

Ronadinho has been plying his trade back in Brazil since January aft returning 2 his homeland with Flamengo & he remains an extremely popular figure among the country's football fans.

Question marks remain over his off-field activities but a memorable hat-trick against Santos last month provided a reminder of wat he is capable of on the pitch.

Brazil's next game is against Germany in Stuttgart on August 10 as the 2014 WC hosts begin a 3-year run of friendlies in the lead up 2 the tournament.