Old 17-08-2022, 11:43 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 46 / Power: 0
Claraaa deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: Life in Singapore

‘Huh the money is for what? I thought Papa got left over money?’ I replied.

‘Don’t tell him I tell you. But he still owe some money. Need you to support us a bit every month.’ she replied.

‘Ok Ma. I need prepare for work now. I transfer you some first. But I call you when I get back to Singapore okay?’ I replied.

I was on the phone with my mum l at the very first opportunity after clearing Singapore customs. Long story short, my Dad still owed money and is now working as a Grab driver to pay off his debts.

‘Hello Jack.. Sorry ah.. But next month I don’t think I can clear the remaining amount. I have some family issues again..’ I plucked up the courage to finally text him.

‘Huh again? I thought you flying already? Still not enough? Aiyo.. I tell you what. I meet you to discuss, I’m actually around the area. Are you home?’ he asked.

‘Erm yes I’m home’ I replied.

‘Ok.. I come by around 6+?’ he asked.

‘Erm.. Ok.. See you Jack..’ I replied.

I dropped my phone to my lap and sunk back into bed. When will this ever be over? My little bubble of happiness barely lasted for a month and I’m down in the dumps again.

‘Ding dong’ the doorbell rang.

‘Hello Jack’ I opened the door for him.

‘Wah you finally change the password ah’ he quipped, he seems to be in a good mood.

‘Oh ya.. haha.. finally got time..’ I laughed, I could smell that Jack has been drinking beer when he walked past me.

‘So.. err.. what happened again?’ he asked, sitting down on the sofa.

‘Erm.. I’m trying to help my family clear debts back home..’ I replied.

‘Aiyo then how your rent.. You want me take $500 again?’ he smiled.

‘Erm.. is that possible? I really need all the help I need..’ I put on my pitiful face.

‘Tsk.. You see ah.. You know the concept of time value of money? Blah blah blah blah’ he went on to explain a shit ton of financial stuff to me.

‘You see.. that’s why I take $500 only ah. I’m not only losing the loss rent. I’m losing way more you know Clara.. so this favour ah.. cannot do so many times..’ he explained.

‘Erm.. then.. if I cannot pay.. I need to move out?’ I asked.

‘You can.. but your deposit all will be lost. Plus got penalty for loss of rent. Plus all the rent you owe me.. you will still owe me quite a lot in the end..’ he explained.

‘Huh.. but I really really need to help my family Jack.. Can you do it again one more time? I promise I’ll pay. Like the previous time I promised and I paid right?’ I pleaded.

Silence..

At this point I just wanna say that I’m no saint myself. I was 23 years old. I’ve studied abroad and I’ve been to a few frat parties, if you know what I mean. And I’ve noticed Jack always stealing glances at me.

‘Ok Jack?’ I rested my hand on his knees, that got his attention.

‘Aiyo you ah..’ he placed his hands on top of mine and rubbed it.