Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 48 / Power: 0
frovu deserves a Tiger! - He's a Good Guy
Re: All you need to know about "Marriage/Divorce" under the SG Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by BODO View Post
Dear Brothers,

I need advise and help from experienced brothers regarding divorce.

I am planning to divorce with my wife. Those ways of divorce (Seperation, Adultery etc...), I guess only can go thru 3~4 years of seperation.

My situation is, I have a 10yo child, hdb flat (under mortgage) and debts (bank loans).

I intend to draft out few proposals before approaching my wife and lawyer. That's the advise I need on how to do it.

HDB flat, i intend to sell. But can that be done during seperation or after divorce?

My child, the one I most worry. Ofcos I would like my son to follow me. I understand that normally the child lives with the mother, no matter join custody or what ever. But my wife is a full time housewife. She has no financial power to rise him. I have my bank loans need to pay monthly. Giving both of them maintenance probably means I will have to starve. Any advise on this issue?
How to calculate the amount of maintenance I need to give them?

Any cheap lawyers to recommend?

Brothers please advise.
For house sale, it needs to be done within 6 months after divorce. (This is a bad option, because then, the sale price will be up to market forces, and in a bad market, you might not get your desired sale price).

Otherwise, alternatively, you can discuss with your wife to sell and split the proceeds before the divorce.

If you can, cite unreasonable behaviour of your wife, something that you cannot tolerate, as that doesn't require 3-4 years of separation.

For wife maintenance, this depends on how much she spends every month. If she's working, it is possible you can pay no maintainence, or $1 maintenance.