View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 01:22 AM
Samster

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 1740 / Power: 12
nono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant futurenono1973 has a brilliant future
Re: Batam Info / Interest / Help Thread

My 36th Batam Trip Summary
(CNY 2017 from 27th Jan to 1st Feb)

Reference : 35th Batam Trip Summary

I have a lot to write on this summary but i have been thinking for a bit on how i should start it,hehehe...like last year's 2016 CNY trip ,i reached Batam on the eve of CNY (2017). Unlike last year's CNY, whereby i was with friends,many things can still be fine-tune (if there are hiccups)...this year,i have to hands on everything myself,hoping and praying none of my original plans would go wrong.

On 1st sight upon reaching Batam Harbour Bay,it wasnt as crowded as last year or the year before. However Harbour Front was super crowded with so many Bangladeshi,Indians and there was quite a handful of Malay families too. Ferry was a delayed for about 15 mins due to some big cruise ship moving out of Harbour Front.

When i board the ferry,i sigh a long relieve,hehehe...it was only around 50% filled. So you see,from the moment i boarded the ferry to Batam at Harbour Front,i become immune to any crowd all the way until i returned from Batam. Getting my passport chop at Harbour Bay took me only less than a min due my S$10 extra express queue.

This year was very much like last year's CNY,i seems to (always) be the 1st guy from my ferry to clear the custom (hehehe...jus like last year CNY). Custom at Harbour Bay seems to be busier as compared to CNY 2016 . Last year i was the ONLY person in the queuing hall upon arrival area,..this year i see custom officers still unable to clear the queue from the last ferry upon my arrival (just like CNY 2015 but not CNY2016). Both years,i was in Batam during the CNY Eve. The year before the last,i was in Batam on the 1st day of CNY (2015).

My biggest fear this year is still the custom officer becos i brought in something fun...

Thank heaven i wasnt penalized for that,even tho i know it isnt an illegal item.

Upon arriving to Hotel,i didnt even unload things from my bag,i headed straight to pick up my pre-booked girls. Before i step out of room,i call the housekeepers to transfer my "stuffs" i left behind in my last trip there to my room,asked them to put in all my room SOP so i dont need to waste time to call (and then wait) after i finish picking up my girl,hehehe...

(this is a 6D5N trip,and i didnt want to bring much,so i left quite a few things in the hotel so that this trip i can travel ultra-light which also help me move a bit slower than Quicksilver,hehehe...)

So far so good,thing has so far gone on smoothly for the 1st night. Price for my 1st 2 night girl cost 800k/night,hehehe....lower than what i paid for last year.

Chinese New Year,Hotel restaurant were quiet and there was some promotion around. (by the time anyone sees this promo,it would be already over,hehehe...)

Was quite surprise why most restaurants in Batam hasnt got much business and at a later time did i realize most locals who celebrate CNY in Batam cooks their meal at home.

...continue to page 2...

Basic Batam Info in One Link

Avoid quoting the whole post if you are replying to me in the thread

信言不美,美言不信。
善者不辩,辩者不善。
知者不博,博者不知。
圣人不积,既以为人己愈有,既以与人己愈多。
天之道,利而不害。
圣人之道,为而不争。

My December 2019 Batam Trip Info