View Single Post
Old 24-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Samster

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My Reputation: Points: 776 / Power: 19
KatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to beholdKatoeyLover69 is a splendid one to behold
Cool Introduction to Patpong

Patpong has been going strong now for over 30+ years and is the best known area out of the four main spots and the only one out of the four not in the Sukhumvit area. Patpong is located at Silon Road with a BTS Station at Sala Daeng.

Over the past few years Patpong has lost a lot of customers to Nana Plaza, which could be crowned as the new Queen of A go go and beer bars in Bangkok, but Patpong is still going strong and has a world famous notoriety that the others will never take away.

Patpong consist of two streets Patpong 1 and 2, Patpong 1 is the main street with most of the better known kings group A go go bars and a busy night time market. There is also an upstairs in some areas but these are mainly rip off bars, you could really get into big hassles in these and with the one or two that are just ok, its not even worth the time to mention them other then to say " stay out of the second floor bars ".

Our input

Patpong has the best looking ladies but other then that Patpong.... sucks, period. There is nothing in Patpong that you can't find at Nana or Cowboy, except the scams and ripoffs, other then its reputation and a few stunners (you can find good looking women else where too) there is nothing in Patpong that makes it worth even a look. In the past you could always go to the Kings groups of bars and find some hot ladies and feel that your not being soaked for thousands of Baht but now we are hearing reports of bill padding scams even at these bars so now there is nothing in Patpong that we could recommend except one or two bars and that's not worth a trip all the way out there. Our only real recommendation with Patpong is go to Nana Plaza.

Bars Bars and More Bars

There are a lot of bars in Patpong 1 and 2, below are some reviews of a few bars and links. One quick note is that we looked everywhere for bar websites in Patpong and the only one that we could find is "Golfinger", its also our recommended club.

Bar Reviews

Goldfinger
Goldfinger is one of the better bars in Patpong and is our number one choice of clubs to chill and hang for while. There are a few noticeable differences with this bar compared to others in Patpong. The first being the music, they play only classic rock and roll, so if your not into this type of music then this would not be the place for you, I love it so this might be why I like this bar so much. The second, which I think is the most important, the girls are friendly as hell here, you go to other clubs and most seem to have this "I don't give a shit just give me your money" look on their faces but at Goldfinger they seem to have gotten past that somehow. The bar itself is roomy enough and the women range from good looking to average (no real stunners), but I go to this club for good music and good drink in a fun environment and they do deliver that very well.

King Castle 1
We will review some Kings groups clubs here but let me say this one quick thing, these clubs in the past were always reliable and safe but now we are hearing reports of billing padding, if you do go please watch this. The best way to prevent this is to pay as you go, order a beer or ladies drink and pay for it right away, do not run a tab to be paid at the end of the night.

Once you hit this bar your right in the middle of the action and of Patpong. Here is high intensity and major parting, the bar is always packed with tourist looking for a wild night in Bangkok. You can find some real stunners here some of the best looking working girls in Bangkok but at a price. The girls here are with out a doubt business women and know exactly what they are worth. They play new pop music and they play it load, the bar is big but most times very packed.

King Castle III
One of the smaller Kings group clubs and could be easily passed up while walking by. This is a very small club but the dancers are good and the staff friendly. If your looking for a quieter Kings bar then this might be the place.

Kings Corner
This club has one of the best locations in Patpong so it is always packed and pumping with action. I have to say that this club has the best looking women in all of Bangkok, but with that said the ladies know it and it is all business here. You have a hell of a time to even get a girl to sit down and talk to you unless you buy them a drink as there will be plenty of other farangs just waiting their turn. I'm fairly young, nice build and have been told good looking (Thai women don't count, they tell everyone they're good looking) and I even have problems hooking up with the ladies unless the money is coming out of the pocket. We recommend going to this club during the weekday.

Price List

The prices here vary greatly but here are a few determining factors, the 1st is how the lady looks, if she is a stunning lass then expect to pay prime prices. The second is you, unlike the west where a prostitute will go with just about any one, these lady are choosy at times, if the lady is young and fine and your old fat and ugly, she might not go with you or you might have to pay the prime rate, but if your young and thin then the going average rate should apply. Its all about supply and demand and the demand has been out pacing the supply lately here in Patpong. There are others factors too, how your dressed, if your new (believe me they know a newbie) to this, if your Asian forget about it take a loan because the price has just doubled at least. Its not that they don't like Asian men, its due to the Japanese coming over during their economic boom and paying outrageous prices, the girls just got used to thinking Asian man big money. So as you can see the prices are not fixed and so it is hard to say what you will have to pay but below is a high and low that if you stick to it you should be ok. For gods sake don't go over the high, every time you do it just brings all the prices up and also this does not include bar fines which are between 300 to 500 bht.

Short Time ( Low ) 1,000 Bht
Short Time ( High ) 2,000 Bht

All Night ( Low ) 1,500 Bht
All Night ( High ) 3,000 Bht

Now this is just a basic guide line, but ugly girls will go for less (and there are some) this is for an above average looking girl and your not a hunch back or something. I know that there will be guys out there that say I've gotten them for 500 bht or less, yea what ever, I've gotten them for free but the point is that these are working girls so unless your Tom Cruz 99% of the time you will pay at least the low end c

Tips and Warnings : USE THE TOURIST POLICE!

Patpong is not a place to be stupid, out of Patpong, Nana and Cowboy, I feel that Patpong is really the only place that you might find yourself with a real problem, maybe even a serious ass kicking by the locals. I would recommend that you stay away from the guys offering you shows, stay away from the second floor, stick to the main streets ground floor bars and A go gos like the Kings group and keep your wits about you and you should be fine.

Bargain, bargaining with the ladies for the price is cool and recommended (not the bar fine, this is set by the bar and is a fixed price) but make sure you agree on the price before you leave. Even if she says, " up to you " or " pay what you want if I good ", still settle on a price or you might have an argument in the morning when she asks for much more then your willing to pay.